6.3 Configuring Web Browser
Configuring Your Web Browser to Allow Pop-up Windows
Most web browsers include a feature to block pop-up windows. While this may eliminate unwanted or bothersome pop-up windows, the feature sometimes can impede the functionality of legitimate or useful websites.
Chrome .current (Windows/OS X)
- Open Chrome, then go to the web page that you want to allow pop-ups.
- In Chrome's URL window, highlight the entire web address of the current page, then choose the Copy command from the Edit menu.
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click Content settings... . The Content settings window appears.
- In the Pop-ups section, click Manage exceptions... .
Enable Java in web browser
- Enter about:plugins in the search field.
- In the Plug-ins list, look for Java and check whether Java is enabled (if the Disable link appears, Java is already enabled)
- Click on the Enable link (if available)
- (Optional) Check the Always allowed box to stop additional Chrome warnings when running Java content