3.4.4 Cut,Copy And Paste
These tools of word are most extensively, used to copy move text from one place to other. To use them text must first be selected the Cut option from the Edi menu, or click one the Cut button of the standard toolbar. Alternatively, select the text and press Ctr+X.
To move text from one point to another, the steps are:
- Select the text to be moved. Select the Cut option from the Edit Menu Position the insertion point where you want the text to appear. To paste the text to the required position select the paste option from the Edit menu,or click on the Paste the text to the required position.
It is possible to copy text to another part of the same document of in a different document.
- Select the text to be copied.
- Right-click on the highlighted text. A shortcut menu appears near the highlighted text as shown in figure below:
- Select the copy option from shortcut menu.
- Move the insertion point to the location where you want to paste the next.
- Select the paste option from the Edit menu to paste the selected text in the desired location.