There are several ways of connecting to the Internet.We can divide the methods into two main types- Fixed and Mobile.
Fixed access is usually much faster and reliable than mobile and is used for connecting homes/offices. The main Access mechanisms are:
- ADSL over traditional Phone Lines (most common).
- Cable (limited to cable TV areas)
- Fibre broadband – Currently being Rolled out
When travelling away from the fixed location mobile access is used. The main access mechanisms are:
- Mobile broadband over 3G Network (common but slow) or 4G
- Public/ Private Wii-FI (common)